TD Industries Inc Fire Life and Safety - Fire Alarm Technician in Austin, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle development into engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the United States generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. Fortune Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a *Fire Life and Safety - Fire Alarm Technician *in our Fire Life Safety Group in the Austin, Texas office. If you are seeking to be a part of an organization that is committed to career growth, we invite you to apply.
This position primarily performs fire alarm inspections, installations, troubleshooting and repairs. Maintains all assigned tools and instruments in good working condition and calibrated as needed. Works under minimal supervision. Performs work as instructed when specific instructions are given. Exercises good judgment and operates with discretion with minimal guidance. Normally is fully responsible for the installation completion of fire alarm installation projects as assigned. Work is normally of a higher complexity than that of a FLS Technician I. Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inspects, tests, and installs assigned fire alarm installation projects as required.
- Troubleshoots and repairs fire alarm systems as required.
- Responds to service requests from customers and/or dispatch center. Requests will be varied in system type and nature.
- Performs fire alarm system inspections and reports per NFPA 72/Joint Commission requirements and company procedures.
- Keeps tools and areas of work clean and orderly manner.
- Uses required personal protective equipment while satisfying all work requests.
- Diagnoses problem trends and takes appropriate corrective action before a system outage occurs.
- Completes all required paperwork/electronic reports timely and accurately.
- Completes all individual and team-based goals.
- Participates in quarterly documented performance review meetings with supervisor and sets attainable personal development goals.
- Attends company provided safety and skill development training.
- Willingness to attend company paid technical training classes.
- Minimum of 5 years overall fire alarm/low voltage experience required.
- Ability to train others.
- Serves as a primary resource to less experienced technicians.
*JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION: *
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Possesses Texas Fire Alarm License (FAL)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level II Certification or higher preferred. If NICET Certifications have not been obtained, must be willing to obtain NICET certifications commensurate with time in trade.
- Proven ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong math, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills when in contact with customers and fellow employees.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to interpret blue prints to assure completion of work to plan.
- Capable of selecting the best alternative for problem solving.
- Ability of taking a planned project to completion.
- Exhibits good leadership qualities.
- Ability to pass criminal, driving background and drug checks.
- Ability to use standard tools of the trade, multi-meters, sensitivity tester, laptop computers.
- Firm knowledge of construction and service processes and techniques.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Works mainly indoors with occasional outside work.
- May be required to work from a lift or boom.
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures when working outside.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds in a working environment and carry some reasonable distance.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in a stressful and/or emergency situation that may arise within the customer’s facility.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed and participate in on call rotation.
- Must be willing to work out of town for 1 to 2 weeks at a time.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
Our people oriented company offers great pay and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health & wellness benefits, paid training & education, paid time off, paid holidays, income protection, retirement and employee ownership opportunities.
*TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. *
Location: Austin, TX