VMware Business Development Manager-VMware Cloud on AWS in Austin, Texas
Service Provider Business Development Manager-MSP -VMware Cloud on AWS
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
This role is responsible for the recruitment, management and business development of strategic partners focused on the expansion of our Managed Services Program. The Business Development Manager (BDM) will function in an overlay capacity driving increased adoption of VMware’s expanding suite of SaaS offerings but with a major focus on our VMware Cloud on AWS offering . Success will be predicated on your ability to interact and leverage appropriately VMware’s extended Team resources such as the Cloud Practice, Systems Engineers, Field Sales Teams and Marketing resources. The BDM is expected to develop and leverage effective customer relationships at all levels including CXO's and across Sales, Marketing and Technical leadership Teams. The BDM will also be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the VMware Cloud Provider Program by ensuring Program compliance with all accounts and maintain the highest level if integrity within the Service Provider relationships.
The BDM will be measured on VMware bookings and/or revenue generated by the Service Provider's service delivery. The BDM may also have assigned MBO's.
• Drive adoption of VMware products, services and technologies that will drive revenue and alignment with VMware’s vision and strategy.
• Business development planning and execution across Sales, Technical and Marketing disciplines that will achieve/exceed goals
• Leverage VMware Extended Teams for sales, marketing, technical, programs and legal resources to accelerate the business.
• Responsible for all assigned sales goals and MBO's.
• Proper and effective escalation of critical Customers issues
• Develop and maintain effective Customer Senior and CXO leadership relationships
• Leverage VMware Partner Ecosystem of Technology Alliance Partners, Solution Providers, Systems Integrators and Outsourcers and OEMs to grow and accelerate the business.
• Effective management and ROI of development funds
• Work with and leverage VMware 'Aggregators' supporting the VMware Service Providers to ensure accurate and ontime VMware software and Service Usage reporting.
• Provide ongoing feedback to the VMware vCloud Air Network Program office for effective program improvements and escalations
• Leveraging of VMware legal and business leadership resources to negotiate contracts as needed.
• 5+ years selling software into Service Providers, SI/SO's and/or Major Accounts.
• Proven experience selling software, technology products and services to and through service providers.
• Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships.
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing and key elements of virtualized infrastructure, Infrastructure-as-a-Service(IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service(PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service(SaaS) models. Deep understanding of Amazon AWS Cloud Services and/or VMware a big plus.
• Expertise in development and execution of solutions and value selling
• Ability to navigate and effectively manage large and/or global accounts
• Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management.
• Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities.
• Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to accurately forecast and close business and identify risk and upside opportunities
• Well organized and effective in the development and execution of business development planning.
• Familiar with contractual aspects and concepts of right to use software licensing and intellectual property
• BA/BS degree or higher
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Location: East Coast preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.