Apple At-Home Chat Service Specialist in Austin, Texas
At-Home Chat Service Specialist
Job Number: 113792716
Austin, Texas, United States
Weekly Hours: 40.00
At Apple, we believe in hard work, a fun environment, and the kind of creativity and innovation that only comes about when talented people from diverse backgrounds approach problems from varying perspectives. We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, engage, and inspire – and that by focusing on the smallest of details, we can make big impacts with our customers. Building this environment starts with YOU!
The Retail Contact Center (RCC)Service team is looking for motivated, outgoing, and tech savvy individuals who want to offer Apple Customers an unparalleled customer experience over Chat. At-Home Chat Service Specialists will work out of their homes.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced B2C e-commerce environment.
This At-Home role can be done anywhere in the United States.
Ideal candidate will have owned or have experience using a Mac and an iOS device
Ability to type in excess of 60 WPM with 95%+ accuracy
Ability to provide consultative solutions to customers based on their needs, following the RCC Customer Engagement model
Multitask and function comfortably in a fast-paced environment
Contact center, consumer retail, sales, or customer service experience a plus
Flexible schedule with potential to work nights or weekend hours
1+ years proven experience in a customer-facing sales or service environment
Customer-focused individual with exceptional interpersonal skills
Ability to translate ‘tech speak’ into everyday, understandable terms
Professional verbal and written communication skills
The RCC At-Home Chat Service Specialist will deliver exceptional sales and service chat support to provide the right solution to customers through the RCC. You must be able to translate tech-speak, billing, shipping, product, and eCommerce jargon into everyday understandable terms. You will also need to leverage multiple sources and systems for information to stay current on product features, technology changes and events that impact customers. This is a fast-paced, performance based environment where contacts are monitored, recorded, and assessed.
Undergraduate degree preferred, but not required
Is being an At-Home Chat Service Specialist a great fit for you? Consider the following questions:
• Do you have a private workspace in your house with a door, where ambient noise can be minimized during work hours?
• Do you have a workspace with a desk and chair? Does this workspace allow for the proper installation of your technical equipment?
• Do you have, or are you able to get, an analog phone line that can be dedicated? (Monthly allowance provided by Apple.)
• Do you have, or are you able to get, high-speed internet service meeting minimum bandwidth requirements of 5mbps downstream and 1mbps upstream? (Monthly allowance provided by Apple.)
• Are you a self-starter who is comfortable in an environment remote from co-workers and managers?